Friday, May 27, 2011

Fresh Fish, An Oncoming Storm

My adventures of late have not been too overly exciting. Work continues to keep me busy during the week days. As of recently though I have continued to use the evenings for fun dinners out and about with friends and coworkers. Last night was Sushi, severed in the traditional way. Or at least as traditional as you can get without paying too high a price. I went with one of my Japanese friends to this restaurant which is actually located above a fresh fish market and distribution center locally here. He was explaining that the whole place is used to take the incoming fresh produce and fish and then redistribute it around the city and other prefectures.


So in terms of sushi we went about as close to the source as I have ever been for freshness of the fish and location. I have to say it was rather good sushi, and the meal overall left me very satisfied and full. I think if it wasn't for all the walking I do here I would begin to gain some weight because of the food and how much I seem to enjoy.

Right now though as I am typing this there is a typhoon approaching. The first that I have experienced this year so far. Rumors are that by the time it hits here things will only be a heavy rain, but just as a precaution I went to the grocery store and stocked up on some food so if I am trapped in my room I am not going to go hungry. The major disappointment is that unless the weather lets up this could cancel my plans out and about for this last weekend I am here in Japan. Only way to tell is watch and see what happens.

No comments: