Saturday, May 7, 2011

Travels and Herbs

Things seem to move so quickly. It was only a few months ago that erin and I returned from our crazy trip to Japan, started this blog to help keep everyone informed and now as I type out these words I am sitting in Seatac International Airport waiting for my next flight out to Japan again.

Erin will not be joining me on this trip. I fly out today and fly home on the 4th of June. This trip is short, though not as short as the crazy last trip. Things over in Japan have steadied out and work has resumed. So that means I will be helping to cover the work load over there until the person who was permanently selected comes out to work. It isn't easy being away from erin for this long. I know that last night was relaxing having finished all my packing but it is still sad to know I am away from my wife, family and friends for another trip.

Thank you to my mother-in-law Patti for coming over this weekend to keep erin company. Last report I had from them is that erin bought herbs from the farmer's market to grow over this summer. Not sure what budget those come out of... food? Household (because they are plants)? Well either way with erin's green thumb and a month before I return I am sure that I will be welcomed home by a wonderful wife and happy herbs.

I'll be keeping up my trip updates on this blog and hopefully erin will get a chance to post a little too.

-Nick

3 comments:

Nick said...

P.S. I haven't even unpacked my bags and I realized I forgot something...

Unknown said...

One week down - Are you unpacked yet? It will be time to re-pack before you know it!
Did you send your rain this way? We have flooding in the valley here :(
I also was wondering if you knew about the "mini" parade? I have seen so many minis this past week, there must be a parade happening somewhere around here! haha
Take care.
Love you, Patti

Nick said...

All the unpacking has been done. Right now I am trying to figure out how to get my laundry tag system down right... the instructions are confusing, they tell me to both remove the tag and also keep it attached when I turn in my laundry... I have tried both, and the result of both is that they return my tag with a signed note highlighting the instructions... But I still get all my clothes back. Oh well...